💰 Lawsuit claims Google knew its ‘Incognito mode’ doesn't protect users’ privacy

TL;DR

The lawyers spearheading the lawsuit have already amassed a trove of internal Google emails they say show how the company’s executives have known for years that what the company calls “Incognito mode” is anything but incognito.“Incognito mode offers users a private browsing experience, and we've been clear about how it works and what it does, whereas the plaintiffs in this case have purposely mischaracterized our statements.” If the judge gives the green light, lawyers will continue their fight to get tens of millions of Google users a payment of between $100 and $1,000 each.The Computer and Communications Industry Association (CCIA) and NetChoice told the Supreme Court that a Florida law that would penalize social media companies for blocking politicians’ posts violates the First Amendment rights of tech companies, according to a Monday news release.The Justice Department said two men working on behalf of Beijing bribed a U.S. law enforcement official to share secrets about the prosecution of a major Chinese firm that people familiar with the matter said was Huawei, Devlin Barrett, Perry Stein and Ellen Nakashima report.Giuda previously worked as an executive vice president at Weber Shandwick and as an assistant secretary of state in the Trump administration."

Like summarized versions? Support us on Patreon!